Seize great trading opportunities with these great promotions
Enjoy Share Financing rates as low as 4.25% p.a. with our enhanced Quality Priced Loan scheme, QPL+
Enjoy our enhanced Quality Priced Loan scheme, QPL+, with even lower interest rates starting from 4.25% p.a.As an added benefit, you get to enjoy lower online commission rates across the 5 main markets.
This promotion is valid till 31 December 2023.
Interest rates starting from 4.25% p.a.
|Quality of Marginable Securities||Description||SGD Lending Rates||USD Lending Rates||HKD & AUD Lending Rates|
|Grade 1||Major Global Index Component Securities||4.60%||5.55%||4.25%|
|Grade 2||Top 100 securities by market capitalisation in respective exchanges that have met certain financial and trading criteria as determined by OCBC Securities||5.25%||5.80%||5.00%|
|Grade 3||Mid/Small Cap Securities||5.50%||6.10%||5.50%|
|Grade 4||All other Marginable Securities||7.50%||7.50%||7.50%|
Lower online commission rates with QPL+
Who is eligible?
This promotion is eligible to existing Share Financing account holders and those who do not have a Share Financing account with us yet.
Existing Share Financing account holders
Simply complete the QPL+ Selection Form and mail it to us.
Alternatively, you can visit our branch to open a Share Financing account:
OCBC Securities Investors Hub
18 Church Street
#01-00 OCBC Centre SouthSingapore 049479
What are the requirements to open a Share Financing account:
- Be age 21 and above
- Have an existing basic cash trading account with OCBC Securities
What is a Share Financing account?
A Share Financing account is a leveraged Trading Account that increases your share buying power. Trade up to 2.5 times your original value with shares as collateral and 3.5 times with cash as collateral. For more information on Share Financing accounts, click here.
What is the Quality Priced Loan scheme about?
With our first-to-market Quality Priced Loan scheme, you stand to enjoy lower interest rates based on the quality of securities in your portfolio starting from 4.25% p.a. with the new QPL+. To view our list of marginable securities and their grading, click here.
How are the interest rates calculated?
A blended Interest rate shall be calculated based on the relevant interest rates corresponding to the various grades and will depend on the concentration of Marginable Securities customer holds from each tier.
Marginable value of the customer’s portfolio as at previous business day, including all outstanding trades will be used for the computation of the interest rates daily.
The following examples illustrate how interest rates are computed based on the quality and marginable securities in the customer’s portfolio. The blended interest rate in each example is derived from the below formula.
|Counter||Grade||MV of security||Tiered Rate|
|Company ABC (HKD)||1||S$100,000||4.25%|
|Company DEF (AUD)||2||S$20,000||5.00%|
|Company GHI (SGD)||3||S$10,000||5.50%|
Blended Interest Rate = 4.46% p.a.
|Counter||Grade||MV of security||Tiered Rate|
|Company ABC (SGD)||1||S$100,000||4.60%|
Blended Interest Rate = 4.60% p.a.
|Counter||Grade||MV of security||Tiered Rate|
|Company ABC (AUD)||1||S$50,000||4.25%|
|Company DEF (SGD)||3||S$50,000||5.50%|
|Company GHI (USD)||4||S$20,000||7.50%|
Blended Interest Rate = 5.31% p.a.
What happens when the promotion ends?
The normal QPL scheme will kick in when the QPL+ promotion ends. To view the normal rates, click here.
For full terms and conditions of Quality Priced Loan Plus promotion (“Promotion”),
Borrowing to finance the trading of securities (leveraging/gearing) carries a high degree of risk. If the value of the collateral declines substantially, falling below the maintenance margin requirement, you may be called upon to deposit substantial additional funds or collaterals on short notice in order to maintain your position. If you fail to comply with a request for additional funds or collaterals within the specified time, your position may be liquidated at a loss and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your account. Trading in foreign securities includes, but is not limited to, currency risks and rules and regulations peculiar to the respective foreign stock markets.
Customers should note that there are limitations and difficulties in using examples, tables or illustrations to provide a full explanation or depiction. All information, statements, figures, content, explanations, examples, and details (collectively, the “Information”) contained above is intended for illustrative and/or information purposes only and should not be relied upon for any purpose whatsoever. Customers should, in the event of any doubt as to how to read or understand the examples, tables, illustration or information, contact OCBC Securities Private Limited for a fuller explanation, depiction or further details.
Enjoy fee waivers and complimentary subscriptions to trading tools & services
Complimentary Subscriptions to Chartsense & Stockreports+
Enjoy free access to ChartSense and StockReports+ on iOCBC trading platform to complement your technical and fundamental analysis.
The first 2500 customers who successfully open a new Basic Trading Account with OCBC Securities from 6 December 2022 to 28 February 2023 will be entitled to complimentary subscriptions of Chartsense & Stockreports+ till 30 June 2023.
View terms and conditions.
Free London Live Prices
Contact your Trading Representative (TR) to claim your complimentary subscription to London Live Prices.
The London Live Prices will be activated on your account within 3 working days and remain active till 31st December 2023.
Applicable to non-professionals only. View terms and conditions.
Ongoing fee waivers and complimentary subscriptions
Monthly complimentary access to StockReports+ and iMatrix
Maintain S$300 brokerage or more every month through online trades
iOCBC Trading Platform Stock Alerts
Get 30 free daily if you maintain S$900 brokerage or more through online trades every 3 months
Waiver of Foreign Share Custody fees
Make at least 2 trades every month or 6 trades every 3 months
Waiver of cash dividend handling fees
Applicable to all Share Financing accounts
US Live Prices
Perform at least 1 successful trade in the US market the previous month
Applicable to non-professionals only
HK Live Prices
Maintain either S$500 brokerage or more every month in the HK market the previous month
Bursa Live Prices
Perform at least 1 successful trade in the KLSE market the previous month
London Live Prices
Email contact your Trading Representative (TR) to claim your complimentary subscription to London Live Prices.
These services are only applicable to the iOCBC trading platform for equities. Excludes Futures and Forex platforms and trading.
Australian Definition of Non-Professional
For avoidance of doubt, a Non-Professional Subscriber (NPI) is any natural person who accesses the Information for their personal and private uses. This expressly excludes, without limitation, the following:
- Anybody registered with any securities agency, regulatory or self-regulatory body;
- Anybody engaged in a financial services business or employed as a financial adviser;
- Anybody accessing or using the Information other than for personal use relating to their own investment portfolio;
- Anybody accessing the Information in the course of their employment or in connection with any form of trade or business;
- Anybody engaged in the business of accessing or aggregating information and redistributing or otherwise furnishing that information to third parties;
- If the Subscriber Agreement between the End User and the Nominated Third Party (“NTP”) is signed in a name other than the name of the End User in their personal capacity;
The definition of NPI should be construed as allowing natural persons associated with non-commercial organisations (such as family investment trusts, self-managed super funds, and investment clubs), to access the Information at the Non-professional Continuous Enquiry Fee. Please note that the non-commercial organisation itself cannot be construed as an NPI, nor can any professional staff paid to support its activities – e.g. lawyers, accountants, administrative staff etc.
All other persons who do not meet the definition of Australian Definition Non-Professional Subscriber as stated above are deemed Professional.
Bursa Definition of Non-Professional
For avoidance of doubt, a Non-Professional Subscriber (Retail Recipients) is any natural person who is NOT:
- Registered with a Licensee and paying under a corporate name, association or any legal entity; or
- An individual who uses the Licensee’s Service in his capacity as an investment adviser or fund manager of funds which do not belong to him; and
- Does not Distribute or provide Information from the Licensee’s Service to any party in any manner; and
- Does not Distribute or provide Information to any third party in any manner.
All other persons who do not meet the definition of Bursa Non-Professional Subscriber as stated above are deemed Professional.
London Definition of Non-Professional
For avoidance of doubt, a Non-Professional Subscriber (Private Investor) is any natural person who is NOT required to be regulated or supervised by a body concerned with the regulation or supervision of investment or financial services and who meets all of the conditions set out below:
- The End Customer subscribes (i.e., registers and pays) in a personal capacity;
- The End Customer is not currently registered or qualified as a professional securities trader or investment adviser with any national or state exchange, regulatory authority, professional association or recognised professional body;
- The End Customer does not currently act in any capacity as an investment adviser, whether or not they have at some time been qualified to do so;
- The End Customer uses the service solely in relation to the management of their personal funds and not as a trader to the public or for the investment of corporate funds;
- The End Customer does not redistribute, republish or otherwise provide any data from the service to any third party in any manner or use or process Data for any commercial purpose;
All other persons who do not meet the definition of London Non-Professional Subscriber as stated above are deemed Professional.
U.S. Definition of Non-Professional
For avoidance of doubt, a Non-Professional Subscriber is any natural person who is NOT:
- Registered or qualified in any capacity with The Securities and Exchange Commission, the Commodities Future Trading Commission, any state securities agency, any securities exchange or association, or any commodities or futures contract market or association;
- Engaged as an “investment advisor” as that term is defined in the Investment Advisor’s Act 1940 (whether of not registered or qualified under that Act);
- Employed by a bank or another organization exempt from registration under federal or state securities laws to perform functions that would require registration or qualification if such functions were performed for an organization not so exempt;
- Working in the financial industry and/or found in the Monetary Authority of Singapore registry of representatives.
All other persons who do not meet the definition of U.S. Non-Professional Subscriber as stated above are deemed Professional.